Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Little Thing for September 8

Rarely am I impressed with my culinary creations.  I focus on making my meal healthy and easy, so it's usually edible, but not memorable.  Tonight, staring into the abysmal hollow of my refrigerator, I gathered some veggies and pizza dough that were all well past their expiration date. I knew I was toying with a host of possible food poisoning maladies, but I was hungry and too tired to go to the store.  I sauteed the veggies, wrapped them all in the dough and baked it.  I must say, it turned out extremely tasty.  The vegetables melded into a lovely melange, and the dough was crunchy and a nice contrast to the filling. Should I quit my job and open a restaurant that serves just this dish? Nope, but I could serve it to friends and not have to face awkward polite responses and excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment